Here at Shorescape, we have the correct techniques and tools to complete the work you need doing in your yard. Tree pruning and removal are our specialties, so come to us for your tree services at the North Shore in Auckland.
To keep your trees looking their best requires maintenance at least once a year. Whether your tree needs a simple tidy up, removal of some diseased branches, or if it needs to get removed entirely, we can do the job for you.
Your go-to tree cutting service
It can be a tough call to cut down a tree since they take so long to grow. Sometimes it can be hard to know whether your tree just needs a trim or if it would be better to cut it down. Our team of gardening experts at Shorescape would be happy to help you determine the best way to treat your tree so your garden can thrive the way you want it to.
Read on to learn the difference between tree pruning, trimming, and removal.
Tree pruning is essentially giving your tree a full manicure. Aesthetics, safety, and the health of your tree are the main reasons why you might wish to prune your tree. Perhaps a branch is in danger of falling down and hurting somebody. It could carry a disease you don’t want to spread across the tree, or you simply don’t like how the branch looks.
Damaged or cracked branches can be unsafe and sometimes even warrant cutting the whole tree down. We can help you work out what the best solution would be.
Our team at Shorescape can help you keep on top of pruning to ensure the wellbeing of you, your tree, and your garden. We have the tools, experience, and skillset to ensure the job gets done right.
Tree trimming and hedge trimming often get confused with pruning, however, there are some key differences between the two. Tree trimming is the more preventative of our tree services on the North Shore, Auckland. You could think of it as a haircut. By trimming the growth on your tree, we promote the healthier growth of the tree and prevent it from getting out of control.
As part of this service, we can also reduce, thin, and lift the canopy of your tree. This can help elevate the growth of the tree and allow more light to get into your garden. Our commercial clients especially love our services – with tidier trees come more customers.
Our team at Shorescape is full of experts at optimising the growth patterns of trees, so get in touch with us today!
- The tree has a disease. If rot or disease has spread from the tree’s branches into the trunk and the roots, there’s rarely much we can do to make it better. Sick trees are weaker and therefore more dangerous, so the best call is to chop them down.
- The tree presents a safety hazard. Trees growing too close to power lines, property, or neighbours can be dangerous. Cutting them down is the best call if pruning isn’t enough to remove the danger.
- The tree is using up resources. If your tree is taking away the nutrients and sunlight from its neighbours, then it would be best to let it go.
- The tree is blocking light from your garden. The amount of shade that trees provide can be wonderful but sometimes too much if you don’t get any sunlight at all. No sunlight can become a problem for the health of you and your other plants, as well as for practical things like getting your washing dry.
- You need the wood. Especially if you live in a cold part of the country, cutting down your tree can be extra useful to provide you with a huge supply of firewood. Alternatively, perhaps you could use the wood for crafting artwork or furniture.
We understand that sometimes it can be a difficult, even emotional, decision to cut down a tree, and we guarantee that we will provide you with the best advice with your needs in mind every step of the way.
Come to Shorescape!
Our team at Shorescape provides the best tree services in the North Shore, Auckland. We get the job done to the highest standard while always maintaining strict standards of safety and health in arboriculture
Whether your tree needs a little TLC, a full makeover or removal, we can make it happen for you. With our help, you can see your dream garden become reality.
If you want to know more about what we can do for your trees, get in touch with us today!